As much as we’d like to avoid it, jealousy always seems to rear its ugly head at some point in a romantic relationship. On his latest single (coming on the heels of April’s Grey L.A.), alt-R&B buzzmaker Blackbear teaches fellas a lesson on how to assuage a woman’s doubts. Over his and Garrett Nash‘s production, a hazy flip of Great Good Fine Ok’s You’re the One for Me, the unsigned West Coast native croons, “All those other girls that you think I’m creepin’ round with, I ain’t, girl. / I’m only Down 4 U.” This reassuring jam isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Blackbear’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 06/6/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.