As much as we’d like to avoid it, jealousy always seems to rear its ugly head at some point in a romantic relationship. On his latest single (coming on the heels of April’s Grey L.A.), alt-R&B buzzmaker Blackbear teaches fellas a lesson on how to assuage a woman’s doubts. Over his and Garrett Nash‘s production, a hazy flip of Great Good Fine Ok’s You’re the One for Me, the unsigned West Coast native croons, “All those other girls that you think I’m creepin’ round with, I ain’t, girl. / I’m only Down 4 U.” This reassuring jam isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Blackbear’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 06/6/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.