The next total solar eclipse may not be until July of next year (props to NASA!), but tonight our resident stargazers will have the opportunity to witness a similarly rare and captivating event: the Booth debut of up-and-coming rapper The Black Sunn. On EP inclusion Who I Am, the Baltimore native gives his soon-to-be-fans a taste of what he’s all about. Over Damu the Fudgemunk‘s lightly jazzy, retro-informed boardwork, Sunn showcases his acrobatically chill flow in verses that blend background info with expressionistic braggadocio and social commentary, offering his thoughts on everything from marijuana (he likes it) to organized religion (not so much). With a poetic lyrical sensibility and plenty of old-school appeal, The Black Sunn is clearly “poised to go far” in the game, and his cerebral, head-nodding style is sure to earn him shine from Booth readers. Fans can hear more from this rising star on his The Sunn Is Black EP, scheduled to drop next Tuesday, Sept. 29.
Listen to More: The Black Sunn
Written by richard on 09/24/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pretty Girl Complex" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.