The next total solar eclipse may not be until July of next year (props to NASA!), but tonight our resident stargazers will have the opportunity to witness a similarly rare and captivating event: the Booth debut of up-and-coming rapper The Black Sunn. On EP inclusion Who I Am, the Baltimore native gives his soon-to-be-fans a taste of what he’s all about. Over Damu the Fudgemunk‘s lightly jazzy, retro-informed boardwork, Sunn showcases his acrobatically chill flow in verses that blend background info with expressionistic braggadocio and social commentary, offering his thoughts on everything from marijuana (he likes it) to organized religion (not so much). With a poetic lyrical sensibility and plenty of old-school appeal, The Black Sunn is clearly “poised to go far” in the game, and his cerebral, head-nodding style is sure to earn him shine from Booth readers. Fans can hear more from this rising star on his The Sunn Is Black EP, scheduled to drop next Tuesday, Sept. 29.
Written by richard on 09/24/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pretty Girl Complex" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.