The Black Sunn has a problem: whenever the Baltimore up-and-comer encounters a certain fine female, he becomes so transfixed that nothing else seems to matter. That’s right; he’s got a Pretty Girl Complex! Making its world premiere right here at DJBooth.net, the latest leak off Sunn’s forthcoming GodSound LP sees him serving up more of the chilled out, agile underground rhymes he delivered on his Booth debut, this time addressing a girl who’s got him under her spell. Beatsmith Mydus, whom you may remember from Mally‘s Reflection and 810‘s U Won’t Like This, mans the boards here, pairing a propulsive bass line with some jazzy old-school samples. If Black Sunn’s poetically vivid game-spitting isn’t enough to win over the lady in question, his soulful vocals on the sung hook and bridge should do the trick. In any case, this cut will undoubtedly succeed in wooing the Booth’s resident retro heads – if you fall into that category, be sure and pick up a copy of the artist’s latest full-length when it hits record stores and online retailers next Tuesday, the 27th.
Written by richard on 10/21/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Who I Am" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.