The Black Sunn has a problem: whenever the Baltimore up-and-comer encounters a certain fine female, he becomes so transfixed that nothing else seems to matter. That’s right; he’s got a Pretty Girl Complex! Making its world premiere right here at DJBooth.net, the latest leak off Sunn’s forthcoming GodSound LP sees him serving up more of the chilled out, agile underground rhymes he delivered on his Booth debut, this time addressing a girl who’s got him under her spell. Beatsmith Mydus, whom you may remember from Mally‘s Reflection and 810‘s U Won’t Like This, mans the boards here, pairing a propulsive bass line with some jazzy old-school samples. If Black Sunn’s poetically vivid game-spitting isn’t enough to win over the lady in question, his soulful vocals on the sung hook and bridge should do the trick. In any case, this cut will undoubtedly succeed in wooing the Booth’s resident retro heads – if you fall into that category, be sure and pick up a copy of the artist’s latest full-length when it hits record stores and online retailers next Tuesday, the 27th.
Written by richard on 10/21/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Who I Am" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.