His dope DJBooth freestyle aside, it’s been a minute since we’ve heard new music from Baltimore fast riser Black Sunn, but that doesn’t mean the man’s been sleeping. In fact he’s been hard at work on several new projects, and as a means of re-introduction he’s now released Leave Luck to Heaven, a soulfully-oriented cut making its premiere right here on DJBooth.net. While some aptly angelic production by Remot floats across the track, anchored by some sharp percussion, Black Sunn lays down a warning to rappers being asked to leave their creativity and integrity behind in search of a major label deal: “From a seed I have grown, but now I’m beanstalk, they try jack my identity, but I let the beats talk.” I’ll give you a minute to think that line over. If Leave Luck’s got you wanting to hear from Sunn (and it should) you’re in luck: his Sol Parables mixtape is set to drop February 25, followed closely by United Division, a collabo album with fellow B-More native 810.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/2/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Who I Am" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)