There’s nothing wrong with a good time, but unless you’re T-Pain, your life contains at least some measure of pain and struggle, and, unless you are T-Pain, you’re not T-Pain. Did that make sense? The point is, one of Baltimore’s dopest young emcees The Black Sunn is back in the Booth with his new track Hip-Hop’s Lament, a cut that finds frequent collaborator Mydus lacing a somber, jazzy beat that Black Sunn uses to exploit hip-hop’s potential to serve as cathartic musical medication for what ails you. I’m afraid that sounded way too deep and complicated, so let me put it this way: this track is dope. You should listen to it. Now. Well, what are you waiting for? Hip-Hop’s Lament is a standout cut off RefinedHype: 1 Year Anniversary Edition, an entirely exclusive mixtape celebrating, you guessed it, the one year anniversary of DJBooth’s partner site RefinedHype.com (out August 19). For more B-More based beats and rhymes, keep an ear out for Black Sunn and 810’s upcoming collab project, in the works now.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Who I Am" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.