Motown emcee/producer Black Milk and BADBADNOTGOOD, the T-Dot jazz ensemble previously featured with Ghostface collab Six Degrees, have joined forces to bring fans the latest single off Converse‘s next compilation EP. Partly recorded at the shoe company’s Rubber Tracks studio in Brooklyn, New York, Now or Never is an underground banger with a moody, atmospheric vibe. The collaborators’ eerie keyboard arpeggios, accompanied by a mix of live and electronic percussion, backs Milk as he does his damnedest to intimidate the competition: “This that midnight on the corner rap, hand is on the barrel.” Featuring this cut as well as Vince Staples/Bad Rabbits collab Made, Cons EP Vol. 2 is slated to hit the ‘net this fall. Also, watch our pages for fresh singles leading up to the October 28, release of Milk’s next full-length, If There’s a Hell Below.
Written by richard on 08/7/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep It Live ft. Mr. Porter" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.