Motown emcee/producer Black Milk and BADBADNOTGOOD, the T-Dot jazz ensemble previously featured with Ghostface collab Six Degrees, have joined forces to bring fans the latest single off Converse‘s next compilation EP. Partly recorded at the shoe company’s Rubber Tracks studio in Brooklyn, New York, Now or Never is an underground banger with a moody, atmospheric vibe. The collaborators’ eerie keyboard arpeggios, accompanied by a mix of live and electronic percussion, backs Milk as he does his damnedest to intimidate the competition: “This that midnight on the corner rap, hand is on the barrel.” Featuring this cut as well as Vince Staples/Bad Rabbits collab Made, Cons EP Vol. 2 is slated to hit the ‘net this fall. Also, watch our pages for fresh singles leading up to the October 28, release of Milk’s next full-length, If There’s a Hell Below.
Written by richard on 08/7/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep It Live ft. Mr. Porter" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.