Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Not featured on the solo tip since October of 2011, when he hooked up with Danny Brown to co-headline Zap, Motown rapper/producer Black Milk makes up for lost time with his latest single release, which features two separate records for the price of one (free, in this case). Part one, the uptempo Sunday’s Best, is told from the perspective of a young’n languishing in a church pew. On the slower, soulful Monday’s Worst, we catch up with the narrator as an adult, contemplating a stickup in order to put food on his table. Together, the two sections add up to a poignant, well-told narrative. The album to which Sunday’s Best / Monday’s Worst is attached has yet to be titled or scheduled, but we in the Booth will keep you supplied with further details as they emerge.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Black Milk’s Gerard Victor-directed Sunday’s Best / Monday’s Worst visual.
Written by richard on 10/8/13
Detroit veteran Black Milk has dropped his latest studio album, No Poison, No Paradise, via Fat Beats/Computer Ugly Records. The rapper/producer's sixth solo set in total, the project follows 2010's Album of the Year....
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep It Live ft. Mr. Porter" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.