Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Not featured on the solo tip since October of 2011, when he hooked up with Danny Brown to co-headline Zap, Motown rapper/producer Black Milk makes up for lost time with his latest single release, which features two separate records for the price of one (free, in this case). Part one, the uptempo Sunday’s Best, is told from the perspective of a young’n languishing in a church pew. On the slower, soulful Monday’s Worst, we catch up with the narrator as an adult, contemplating a stickup in order to put food on his table. Together, the two sections add up to a poignant, well-told narrative. The album to which Sunday’s Best / Monday’s Worst is attached has yet to be titled or scheduled, but we in the Booth will keep you supplied with further details as they emerge.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Black Milk’s Gerard Victor-directed Sunday’s Best / Monday’s Worst visual.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep It Live ft. Mr. Porter" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.