Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Not featured on the solo tip since October of 2011, when he hooked up with Danny Brown to co-headline Zap, Motown rapper/producer Black Milk makes up for lost time with his latest single release, which features two separate records for the price of one (free, in this case). Part one, the uptempo Sunday’s Best, is told from the perspective of a young’n languishing in a church pew. On the slower, soulful Monday’s Worst, we catch up with the narrator as an adult, contemplating a stickup in order to put food on his table. Together, the two sections add up to a poignant, well-told narrative. The album to which Sunday’s Best / Monday’s Worst is attached has yet to be titled or scheduled, but we in the Booth will keep you supplied with further details as they emerge.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Black Milk’s Gerard Victor-directed Sunday’s Best / Monday’s Worst visual.
Written by richard on 10/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep It Live ft. Mr. Porter" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.