Though we have yet to reveal the reader-selected winners of our second annual Best of the Booth awards (tune in this Wednesday for the results!), it looks like we can get a head start on 2010’s selections; Black Milk is already hard at work on the Album of the Year. Will the forthcoming LP live up to its attention-grabbing moniker? Judging by this newly-released single, the answer to that question is a resounding… maybe? Keep Going is certainly a good sign. Here, the Detroit mainstay does double-duty on the mic and behind the boards, delivering a barrage of larger-than-life boasts over his own chaotically dense production (complete with keyboard and backing vocals from Aaron “AB” Abernathy). The headliner excels in both roles, but my pick for this track’s MVP has to be live drummer Daru Jones, who serves up a schizophrenic, heavily-syncopated rhythm sure to grab listeners’ attention. If this blistering underground banger leaves you thirsty for more new material from Milk, keep it locked to our front page for all the latest on the Motown veteran’s fourth full-length, due out sometime this summer.
Written by richard on 01/4/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep It Live ft. Mr. Porter" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.