Though we have yet to reveal the reader-selected winners of our second annual Best of the Booth awards (tune in this Wednesday for the results!), it looks like we can get a head start on 2010’s selections; Black Milk is already hard at work on the Album of the Year. Will the forthcoming LP live up to its attention-grabbing moniker? Judging by this newly-released single, the answer to that question is a resounding… maybe? Keep Going is certainly a good sign. Here, the Detroit mainstay does double-duty on the mic and behind the boards, delivering a barrage of larger-than-life boasts over his own chaotically dense production (complete with keyboard and backing vocals from Aaron “AB” Abernathy). The headliner excels in both roles, but my pick for this track’s MVP has to be live drummer Daru Jones, who serves up a schizophrenic, heavily-syncopated rhythm sure to grab listeners’ attention. If this blistering underground banger leaves you thirsty for more new material from Milk, keep it locked to our front page for all the latest on the Motown veteran’s fourth full-length, due out sometime this summer.
Written by richard on 01/4/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep It Live ft. Mr. Porter" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.