Though we have yet to reveal the reader-selected winners of our second annual Best of the Booth awards (tune in this Wednesday for the results!), it looks like we can get a head start on 2010’s selections; Black Milk is already hard at work on the Album of the Year. Will the forthcoming LP live up to its attention-grabbing moniker? Judging by this newly-released single, the answer to that question is a resounding… maybe? Keep Going is certainly a good sign. Here, the Detroit mainstay does double-duty on the mic and behind the boards, delivering a barrage of larger-than-life boasts over his own chaotically dense production (complete with keyboard and backing vocals from Aaron “AB” Abernathy). The headliner excels in both roles, but my pick for this track’s MVP has to be live drummer Daru Jones, who serves up a schizophrenic, heavily-syncopated rhythm sure to grab listeners’ attention. If this blistering underground banger leaves you thirsty for more new material from Milk, keep it locked to our front page for all the latest on the Motown veteran’s fourth full-length, due out sometime this summer.
Listen to More: Black Milk
Written by richard on 01/4/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep It Live ft. Mr. Porter" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.