Fresh off the autumn 2013 release of his latest full-length, No Poison, No Paradise, emcee/producer Black Milk has already buckled down to work on a forthcoming EP. While the newly-released lead single off the project, Cold Day, has been in the Motown veteran’s vault for a minute, it still sounds as fresh as the day it was recorded. In vividly-imagined verses, Milk describes the illicit activities that come with summertime round his way, and the dangers his home streets pose to unwary visitors. As usual, he does his own production, pairing boom-bap percussion with a quirky vocal hook and sneaking in a sample from Styx’s Evil Eyes on the back. Glitches in the Break is scheduled for digital release March 4, and will drop in 12” vinyl on April 19 (aka Record Store Day).
Written by richard on 02/5/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep It Live ft. Mr. Porter" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.