Fresh off the autumn 2013 release of his latest full-length, No Poison, No Paradise, emcee/producer Black Milk has already buckled down to work on a forthcoming EP. While the newly-released lead single off the project, Cold Day, has been in the Motown veteran’s vault for a minute, it still sounds as fresh as the day it was recorded. In vividly-imagined verses, Milk describes the illicit activities that come with summertime round his way, and the dangers his home streets pose to unwary visitors. As usual, he does his own production, pairing boom-bap percussion with a quirky vocal hook and sneaking in a sample from Styx’s Evil Eyes on the back. Glitches in the Break is scheduled for digital release March 4, and will drop in 12” vinyl on April 19 (aka Record Store Day).
Written by richard on 02/5/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep It Live ft. Mr. Porter" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.