Yesterday, Kendrick Lamar and his Black Hippy colleagues kicked off the good kid, m.A.A.d. city World Tour in Las Vegas, Nevada. Even while on the road, K.Dot and company are committed to keeping their hungry online fanbase satisfied. For their latest collective release, the crew have come together to remix U.O.E.N.O., the recent, non-featured single from ATL rapper Rocko. Over Childish Major‘s eerie synths, Lamar turns in a characteristically adroit opening verse, which is followed by strong contributions from Ab-Soul, Jay Rock and ScHoolBoy Q (the last-named putting his own twist on Rick Ross’ infamous “molly” line). Could this remix be better than the original? Usually I try to remain impartial, but who am I kidding—of course it is. If you’re feeling it, why not click here and cop tickets to one of Black Hippy’s upcoming performances before they sell out?
Written by richard on 05/23/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.