Yesterday, Kendrick Lamar and his Black Hippy colleagues kicked off the good kid, m.A.A.d. city World Tour in Las Vegas, Nevada. Even while on the road, K.Dot and company are committed to keeping their hungry online fanbase satisfied. For their latest collective release, the crew have come together to remix U.O.E.N.O., the recent, non-featured single from ATL rapper Rocko. Over Childish Major‘s eerie synths, Lamar turns in a characteristically adroit opening verse, which is followed by strong contributions from Ab-Soul, Jay Rock and ScHoolBoy Q (the last-named putting his own twist on Rick Ross’ infamous “molly” line). Could this remix be better than the original? Usually I try to remain impartial, but who am I kidding—of course it is. If you’re feeling it, why not click here and cop tickets to one of Black Hippy’s upcoming performances before they sell out?
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.