Yesterday, Kendrick Lamar and his Black Hippy colleagues kicked off the good kid, m.A.A.d. city World Tour in Las Vegas, Nevada. Even while on the road, K.Dot and company are committed to keeping their hungry online fanbase satisfied. For their latest collective release, the crew have come together to remix U.O.E.N.O., the recent, non-featured single from ATL rapper Rocko. Over Childish Major‘s eerie synths, Lamar turns in a characteristically adroit opening verse, which is followed by strong contributions from Ab-Soul, Jay Rock and ScHoolBoy Q (the last-named putting his own twist on Rick Ross’ infamous “molly” line). Could this remix be better than the original? Usually I try to remain impartial, but who am I kidding—of course it is. If you’re feeling it, why not click here and cop tickets to one of Black Hippy’s upcoming performances before they sell out?
Written by richard on 05/23/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.