Yesterday, Kendrick Lamar and his Black Hippy colleagues kicked off the good kid, m.A.A.d. city World Tour in Las Vegas, Nevada. Even while on the road, K.Dot and company are committed to keeping their hungry online fanbase satisfied. For their latest collective release, the crew have come together to remix U.O.E.N.O., the recent, non-featured single from ATL rapper Rocko. Over Childish Major‘s eerie synths, Lamar turns in a characteristically adroit opening verse, which is followed by strong contributions from Ab-Soul, Jay Rock and ScHoolBoy Q (the last-named putting his own twist on Rick Ross’ infamous “molly” line). Could this remix be better than the original? Usually I try to remain impartial, but who am I kidding—of course it is. If you’re feeling it, why not click here and cop tickets to one of Black Hippy’s upcoming performances before they sell out?
Written by richard on 05/23/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.