I know what you’re thinking: with all the fiber-rich granola consumed by your average flower child, how could a crew called Black Hippy be anything but regular? Oh – I was the only one wondering about that? Awkward. Thankfully, Constipation has more to do with Ab-Soul, Jay Rock, Kendrick Lamar and ScHoolboy Q being the sh*t than any trials and tribulations involved with taking one. The latest leak off Ab-Soul’s forthcoming mixtape, this cut finds Sounwave superimposing Spaghetti-Western horn and guitar riffs over a rolling breakbeat as the Top Dawg labelmates demonstrate that, despite their penchant for peace, love and patchouli, Black Hippy most certainly ain’t nuthin to f*ck with. Appropriately for a joint with a pronounced retro vibe, the collaborators amp up the old-school party ambiance with a little lighthearted line-trading: “The reason why the chicks always fallin’ on this?” “Two n*ggas getting’ high.” “Flying objects!” Hoping that Black Hippy’s more than a one-time deal? Speak up and make it happen! In the meantime, you’ll be able to find Constipation and much more on Ab-Soul’s Long-Term Mentality (#LTM) , set to hit the ‘net April 5.
Written by richard on 02/27/11
Top Dawg Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)