I know what you’re thinking: with all the fiber-rich granola consumed by your average flower child, how could a crew called Black Hippy be anything but regular? Oh – I was the only one wondering about that? Awkward. Thankfully, Constipation has more to do with Ab-Soul, Jay Rock, Kendrick Lamar and ScHoolboy Q being the sh*t than any trials and tribulations involved with taking one. The latest leak off Ab-Soul’s forthcoming mixtape, this cut finds Sounwave superimposing Spaghetti-Western horn and guitar riffs over a rolling breakbeat as the Top Dawg labelmates demonstrate that, despite their penchant for peace, love and patchouli, Black Hippy most certainly ain’t nuthin to f*ck with. Appropriately for a joint with a pronounced retro vibe, the collaborators amp up the old-school party ambiance with a little lighthearted line-trading: “The reason why the chicks always fallin’ on this?” “Two n*ggas getting’ high.” “Flying objects!” Hoping that Black Hippy’s more than a one-time deal? Speak up and make it happen! In the meantime, you’ll be able to find Constipation and much more on Ab-Soul’s Long-Term Mentality (#LTM) , set to hit the ‘net April 5.
Written by richard on 02/27/11
Submit your Rating
Top Dawg Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.