I know what you’re thinking: with all the fiber-rich granola consumed by your average flower child, how could a crew called Black Hippy be anything but regular? Oh – I was the only one wondering about that? Awkward. Thankfully, Constipation has more to do with Ab-Soul, Jay Rock, Kendrick Lamar and ScHoolboy Q being the sh*t than any trials and tribulations involved with taking one. The latest leak off Ab-Soul’s forthcoming mixtape, this cut finds Sounwave superimposing Spaghetti-Western horn and guitar riffs over a rolling breakbeat as the Top Dawg labelmates demonstrate that, despite their penchant for peace, love and patchouli, Black Hippy most certainly ain’t nuthin to f*ck with. Appropriately for a joint with a pronounced retro vibe, the collaborators amp up the old-school party ambiance with a little lighthearted line-trading: “The reason why the chicks always fallin’ on this?” “Two n*ggas getting’ high.” “Flying objects!” Hoping that Black Hippy’s more than a one-time deal? Speak up and make it happen! In the meantime, you’ll be able to find Constipation and much more on Ab-Soul’s Long-Term Mentality (#LTM) , set to hit the ‘net April 5.
Top Dawg Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.