For the past twenty-one weeks (almost half a year!), one musical act’s name has been constantly at the top of the Billboard Hot 100. With Boom Boom Pow and I Gotta Feeling, the Black Eyed Peas broke the record Usher set with Yeah! and Burn-Confessions Pt. II, proving once and for all that, when they’re in the room, The Energy Never Dies. On their latest LP’s newly-selected third single, Will, Apl, Tab, and Fergie each address loved ones they’ve been separated from for far too long, asking them to “Meet Me Halfway” so they can reunite sooner. Topped off with a sweeping, perfectly-blended synth beat by will.i.am and Keith Harris, this track will undoubtedly be every bit as successful as its predecessors. As summer turns to fall, the Peas’ vibe will echo on—Meet Me Halfway‘s official music video is set to premiere in early November.
Written by Burmy on 08/31/09
Submit your Rating
A&M/ Will.I.Am Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Boom Boom Pow" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.