For the past twenty-one weeks (almost half a year!), one musical act’s name has been constantly at the top of the Billboard Hot 100. With Boom Boom Pow and I Gotta Feeling, the Black Eyed Peas broke the record Usher set with Yeah! and Burn-Confessions Pt. II, proving once and for all that, when they’re in the room, The Energy Never Dies. On their latest LP’s newly-selected third single, Will, Apl, Tab, and Fergie each address loved ones they’ve been separated from for far too long, asking them to “Meet Me Halfway” so they can reunite sooner. Topped off with a sweeping, perfectly-blended synth beat by will.i.am and Keith Harris, this track will undoubtedly be every bit as successful as its predecessors. As summer turns to fall, the Peas’ vibe will echo on—Meet Me Halfway‘s official music video is set to premiere in early November.
Written by Burmy on 08/31/09
Submit your Rating
A&M/ Will.I.Am Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Boom Boom Pow" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.