In my review of the Black Eyed Peas’ Boom Boom Pow, I predicted that their forthcoming album, The E.N.D., would be pushed ahead from its June 9 release date, and that the single would become one of the Top 10 songs of ‘09. While the first part doesn’t look like it’s going to happen, the second prediction’s been exceeded—so far, BBP is the #1 song of ‘09, having occupied the top spot on the Billboard Hot 100 for the last five weeks. On newly-released buzz record Imma Be the Peas let listeners know that, as far as they’re concerned, this is just the beginning. Fergie, will.i.am, Taboo, and apl.de.ap‘s flows are all as futuristically funky as ever, but Will’s creative beat, which starts out slow-paced but quickens in the middle of his verse, is the record’s high point. This cut’s danceability is off the chart, so just shake all potential hate to the side and let the sound take over your mind!
Written by Burmy on 05/18/09
Submit your Rating
A&M/ Will.I.Am Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Boom Boom Pow" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.