In my review of the Black Eyed Peas’ Boom Boom Pow, I predicted that their forthcoming album, The E.N.D., would be pushed ahead from its June 9 release date, and that the single would become one of the Top 10 songs of ‘09. While the first part doesn’t look like it’s going to happen, the second prediction’s been exceeded—so far, BBP is the #1 song of ‘09, having occupied the top spot on the Billboard Hot 100 for the last five weeks. On newly-released buzz record Imma Be the Peas let listeners know that, as far as they’re concerned, this is just the beginning. Fergie, will.i.am, Taboo, and apl.de.ap‘s flows are all as futuristically funky as ever, but Will’s creative beat, which starts out slow-paced but quickens in the middle of his verse, is the record’s high point. This cut’s danceability is off the chart, so just shake all potential hate to the side and let the sound take over your mind!
Written by Burmy on 05/18/09
Submit your Rating
A&M/ Will.I.Am Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Boom Boom Pow" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.