In my review of the Black Eyed Peas’ Boom Boom Pow, I predicted that their forthcoming album, The E.N.D., would be pushed ahead from its June 9 release date, and that the single would become one of the Top 10 songs of ‘09. While the first part doesn’t look like it’s going to happen, the second prediction’s been exceeded—so far, BBP is the #1 song of ‘09, having occupied the top spot on the Billboard Hot 100 for the last five weeks. On newly-released buzz record Imma Be the Peas let listeners know that, as far as they’re concerned, this is just the beginning. Fergie, will.i.am, Taboo, and apl.de.ap‘s flows are all as futuristically funky as ever, but Will’s creative beat, which starts out slow-paced but quickens in the middle of his verse, is the record’s high point. This cut’s danceability is off the chart, so just shake all potential hate to the side and let the sound take over your mind!
Written by Burmy on 05/18/09
Submit your Rating
A&M/ Will.I.Am Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Boom Boom Pow" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.