Four years after the release of their last studio album, the tremendously successful Monkey Business, the Black Eyed Peas are back and bigger than ever. What’s their secret? My hypothesis can be summed up in three words: “be the beat.” Since that approach worked wonders on E.N.D. lead single Boom Boom Pow (their biggest hit to date), the foursome have decided to go a similar route on the follow-up, I Gotta Feelin’. Predicting that “tonight’s gonna be a good night,” the Peas detail the evening’s agenda (party, live it up, raise the roof, and do it all over again at the next spot) over will.i.am‘s sprightly, bass-heavy boardwork. Catchy, danceable, and packed with energy, this record has all the makings of a hit summer jam, and I Gotta Feelin’ it will be just as successful as its predecessor. With The E.N.D‘s June 9th release date on the horizon, only one question remains: are you ready to vibe?
Written by Burmy on 05/25/09
Submit your Rating
A&M/ Will.I.Am Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Boom Boom Pow" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.