Four years after the release of their last studio album, the tremendously successful Monkey Business, the Black Eyed Peas are back and bigger than ever. What’s their secret? My hypothesis can be summed up in three words: “be the beat.” Since that approach worked wonders on E.N.D. lead single Boom Boom Pow (their biggest hit to date), the foursome have decided to go a similar route on the follow-up, I Gotta Feelin’. Predicting that “tonight’s gonna be a good night,” the Peas detail the evening’s agenda (party, live it up, raise the roof, and do it all over again at the next spot) over will.i.am‘s sprightly, bass-heavy boardwork. Catchy, danceable, and packed with energy, this record has all the makings of a hit summer jam, and I Gotta Feelin’ it will be just as successful as its predecessor. With The E.N.D‘s June 9th release date on the horizon, only one question remains: are you ready to vibe?
Written by Burmy on 05/25/09
A&M/ Will.I.Am Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Boom Boom Pow" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)