Four years after the release of their last studio album, the tremendously successful Monkey Business, the Black Eyed Peas are back and bigger than ever. What’s their secret? My hypothesis can be summed up in three words: “be the beat.” Since that approach worked wonders on E.N.D. lead single Boom Boom Pow (their biggest hit to date), the foursome have decided to go a similar route on the follow-up, I Gotta Feelin’. Predicting that “tonight’s gonna be a good night,” the Peas detail the evening’s agenda (party, live it up, raise the roof, and do it all over again at the next spot) over will.i.am‘s sprightly, bass-heavy boardwork. Catchy, danceable, and packed with energy, this record has all the makings of a hit summer jam, and I Gotta Feelin’ it will be just as successful as its predecessor. With The E.N.D‘s June 9th release date on the horizon, only one question remains: are you ready to vibe?
Written by Burmy on 05/25/09
Submit your Rating
A&M/ Will.I.Am Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Boom Boom Pow" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.