Four years after the release of their last studio album, the tremendously successful Monkey Business, the Black Eyed Peas are back and bigger than ever. What’s their secret? My hypothesis can be summed up in three words: “be the beat.” Since that approach worked wonders on E.N.D. lead single Boom Boom Pow (their biggest hit to date), the foursome have decided to go a similar route on the follow-up, I Gotta Feelin’. Predicting that “tonight’s gonna be a good night,” the Peas detail the evening’s agenda (party, live it up, raise the roof, and do it all over again at the next spot) over will.i.am‘s sprightly, bass-heavy boardwork. Catchy, danceable, and packed with energy, this record has all the makings of a hit summer jam, and I Gotta Feelin’ it will be just as successful as its predecessor. With The E.N.D‘s June 9th release date on the horizon, only one question remains: are you ready to vibe?
Written by Burmy on 05/25/09
Submit your Rating
A&M/ Will.I.Am Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Boom Boom Pow" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.