Though Boom Boom Pow packed plenty of body-moving power from the get-go, the Black Eyed Peas’ club-friendly comeback single is back in an even club-friendlier form. This newly-released remix, precision-crafted for maximum danceability, should appeal to clubgoers of just about any stripe. Whether you’re a fan of uptempo, techno-influenced beats or you prefer something a little more laid-back, will.i.am has you covered—here, he trades in the original’s hypnotic, largely unchanging groove for a beat that ricochets between slow-grinding verses and a propulsive, double-time chorus. Of course, it would hardly be a remix without a big name guest feature—in addition to Fergie, apl.de.ap, and Taboo‘s high-tech lyrical stylings, the record gets a dash of harder-edged pop appeal by way of a paper-stacking, trunk-banging opening verse by 50 Cent. If this revamp leaves you unable to sit still, stay tuned for plenty more high-energy jams on The E.N.D., set to drop June 9th.
Written by richard on 04/19/09
Submit your Rating
A&M/ Will.I.Am Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Boom Boom Pow" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.