Though Boom Boom Pow packed plenty of body-moving power from the get-go, the Black Eyed Peas’ club-friendly comeback single is back in an even club-friendlier form. This newly-released remix, precision-crafted for maximum danceability, should appeal to clubgoers of just about any stripe. Whether you’re a fan of uptempo, techno-influenced beats or you prefer something a little more laid-back, will.i.am has you covered—here, he trades in the original’s hypnotic, largely unchanging groove for a beat that ricochets between slow-grinding verses and a propulsive, double-time chorus. Of course, it would hardly be a remix without a big name guest feature—in addition to Fergie, apl.de.ap, and Taboo‘s high-tech lyrical stylings, the record gets a dash of harder-edged pop appeal by way of a paper-stacking, trunk-banging opening verse by 50 Cent. If this revamp leaves you unable to sit still, stay tuned for plenty more high-energy jams on The E.N.D., set to drop June 9th.
A&M/ Will.I.Am Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Boom Boom Pow" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!