Though Boom Boom Pow packed plenty of body-moving power from the get-go, the Black Eyed Peas’ club-friendly comeback single is back in an even club-friendlier form. This newly-released remix, precision-crafted for maximum danceability, should appeal to clubgoers of just about any stripe. Whether you’re a fan of uptempo, techno-influenced beats or you prefer something a little more laid-back, will.i.am has you covered—here, he trades in the original’s hypnotic, largely unchanging groove for a beat that ricochets between slow-grinding verses and a propulsive, double-time chorus. Of course, it would hardly be a remix without a big name guest feature—in addition to Fergie, apl.de.ap, and Taboo‘s high-tech lyrical stylings, the record gets a dash of harder-edged pop appeal by way of a paper-stacking, trunk-banging opening verse by 50 Cent. If this revamp leaves you unable to sit still, stay tuned for plenty more high-energy jams on The E.N.D., set to drop June 9th.
Written by richard on 04/19/09
A&M/ Will.I.Am Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Boom Boom Pow" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)