Though Boom Boom Pow packed plenty of body-moving power from the get-go, the Black Eyed Peas’ club-friendly comeback single is back in an even club-friendlier form. This newly-released remix, precision-crafted for maximum danceability, should appeal to clubgoers of just about any stripe. Whether you’re a fan of uptempo, techno-influenced beats or you prefer something a little more laid-back, will.i.am has you covered—here, he trades in the original’s hypnotic, largely unchanging groove for a beat that ricochets between slow-grinding verses and a propulsive, double-time chorus. Of course, it would hardly be a remix without a big name guest feature—in addition to Fergie, apl.de.ap, and Taboo‘s high-tech lyrical stylings, the record gets a dash of harder-edged pop appeal by way of a paper-stacking, trunk-banging opening verse by 50 Cent. If this revamp leaves you unable to sit still, stay tuned for plenty more high-energy jams on The E.N.D., set to drop June 9th.
Written by richard on 04/19/09
Submit your Rating
A&M/ Will.I.Am Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Boom Boom Pow" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.