We’ve all experienced “that” feeling. But did you know that there is a name for it? The Itis, ladies and gentlemen, is the sleepy feeling that takes over our bodies after we finish a calorie-loaded meal. Rapper Black ELement has the creative wit to discuss this phenomenon in his own self-described “otherground” style; just as he gets tired of figuratively eating up the industry’s fodder, the hunger for more eventually comes back. The New Jersey native straps on a vocoder for the hook, but it fits nicely over the low-key production courtesy of 6th Sense. If you’re wondering who opens the record, it is Grandad from Aaron McGruder’s The Boondocks (Black ELement’s inspiration for the track) describing The Itis.
Listen to More: Black EL Written by Erica L.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ride It Out" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.