We’ve all experienced “that” feeling. But did you know that there is a name for it? The Itis, ladies and gentlemen, is the sleepy feeling that takes over our bodies after we finish a calorie-loaded meal. Rapper Black ELement has the creative wit to discuss this phenomenon in his own self-described “otherground” style; just as he gets tired of figuratively eating up the industry’s fodder, the hunger for more eventually comes back. The New Jersey native straps on a vocoder for the hook, but it fits nicely over the low-key production courtesy of 6th Sense. If you’re wondering who opens the record, it is Grandad from Aaron McGruder’s The Boondocks (Black ELement’s inspiration for the track) describing The Itis.
Listen to More: Black EL
Written by Erica L. on 07/1/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ride It Out" (2008)
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.