We’ve all experienced “that” feeling. But did you know that there is a name for it? The Itis, ladies and gentlemen, is the sleepy feeling that takes over our bodies after we finish a calorie-loaded meal. Rapper Black ELement has the creative wit to discuss this phenomenon in his own self-described “otherground” style; just as he gets tired of figuratively eating up the industry’s fodder, the hunger for more eventually comes back. The New Jersey native straps on a vocoder for the hook, but it fits nicely over the low-key production courtesy of 6th Sense. If you’re wondering who opens the record, it is Grandad from Aaron McGruder’s The Boondocks (Black ELement’s inspiration for the track) describing The Itis.
Written by Erica L. on 07/1/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ride It Out" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.