We’ve all experienced “that” feeling. But did you know that there is a name for it? The Itis, ladies and gentlemen, is the sleepy feeling that takes over our bodies after we finish a calorie-loaded meal. Rapper Black ELement has the creative wit to discuss this phenomenon in his own self-described “otherground” style; just as he gets tired of figuratively eating up the industry’s fodder, the hunger for more eventually comes back. The New Jersey native straps on a vocoder for the hook, but it fits nicely over the low-key production courtesy of 6th Sense. If you’re wondering who opens the record, it is Grandad from Aaron McGruder’s The Boondocks (Black ELement’s inspiration for the track) describing The Itis.
Listen to More: Black EL Written by Erica L.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ride It Out" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.