We’ve all experienced “that” feeling. But did you know that there is a name for it? The Itis, ladies and gentlemen, is the sleepy feeling that takes over our bodies after we finish a calorie-loaded meal. Rapper Black ELement has the creative wit to discuss this phenomenon in his own self-described “otherground” style; just as he gets tired of figuratively eating up the industry’s fodder, the hunger for more eventually comes back. The New Jersey native straps on a vocoder for the hook, but it fits nicely over the low-key production courtesy of 6th Sense. If you’re wondering who opens the record, it is Grandad from Aaron McGruder’s The Boondocks (Black ELement’s inspiration for the track) describing The Itis.
Written by Erica L. on 07/1/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ride It Out" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.