In love there are those who yearn for commitment and on the flip-side there are those who fear commitment more than the Grim Reaper himself. The female subject of Black EL and Durkin‘s Thanks For Noticing single is clearly falls into the category of the latter. Told through multiple verses the Boston emcee shares the story of our commitaphobe who seems to bounce from relationship to relationship like Black EL bounces between verses. On the production side those with a keen ear and a love for Japanese animated films may have noticed producer Durkin’s use of a sample from the AKIRA original soundtrack. Although Thanks For Noticing serves solely as a promo single from the duo, their last Booth feature Mission Control (Chopped x Screwed) is currently available for free stream and download.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/15/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Itis" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.