As we learned from late June’s Olde English 800, Black EL doesn’t reach for the most expensive bottle when it’s time to get his drink on; the Motown repper prefers something affordable that’ll get the job done. That practicality extends to his taste in whips. On his latest promotional single, EL goes for a drive in his White ‘95 Maxima, a model that, while not the most ostentatious, is known for its reliability. Constant collaborator Durkin backs his laid-back bars with a silky-smooth soul sample and an addictive synth-bassline. White ‘95 Maxima isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on the unsigned buzzmaker’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/8/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Itis" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.