As we learned from late June’s Olde English 800, Black EL doesn’t reach for the most expensive bottle when it’s time to get his drink on; the Motown repper prefers something affordable that’ll get the job done. That practicality extends to his taste in whips. On his latest promotional single, EL goes for a drive in his White ‘95 Maxima, a model that, while not the most ostentatious, is known for its reliability. Constant collaborator Durkin backs his laid-back bars with a silky-smooth soul sample and an addictive synth-bassline. White ‘95 Maxima isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on the unsigned buzzmaker’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/8/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Itis" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.