Ah, Sunday; no alarm to wake you up in the morning, nowhere you need to be, and nothing to do but lay around till Saturday night’s hangover fades away (Unless you’re a churchgoer… or a DJBooth staff member – those track reviews don’t write themselves!). And, whenever you feel ready to face the day, you call up a few friends, hop into your whip and enjoy a leisurely Sunday Drive. On the latest feature from Black EL, a newly-remixed version of a cut off his latest full-length, beatsmith Durkin ‘s head-noddable synth-percussion beat (retained from the original) sets a laid-back mood as EL waxes poetic about the joys of rolling through his neighborhood on a lazy afternoon. Freestyle series contributor El Prez rides shotgun, vibing out to some Camp Lo and Wiz Khalifa on verse two, and rapper-producer 6th Sense (also a freestyle alum) brings the record to a strong finish, breaking a few traffic laws as he searches the airwaves for something non-Autotuned. Like what you’re hearing? You can find the original version of this laid-back banger and much more on EL’s Color Commentary LP, released last August and available now online.
Written by richard on 02/23/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Itis" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.