Ah, Sunday; no alarm to wake you up in the morning, nowhere you need to be, and nothing to do but lay around till Saturday night’s hangover fades away (Unless you’re a churchgoer… or a DJBooth staff member – those track reviews don’t write themselves!). And, whenever you feel ready to face the day, you call up a few friends, hop into your whip and enjoy a leisurely Sunday Drive. On the latest feature from Black EL, a newly-remixed version of a cut off his latest full-length, beatsmith Durkin ‘s head-noddable synth-percussion beat (retained from the original) sets a laid-back mood as EL waxes poetic about the joys of rolling through his neighborhood on a lazy afternoon. Freestyle series contributor El Prez rides shotgun, vibing out to some Camp Lo and Wiz Khalifa on verse two, and rapper-producer 6th Sense (also a freestyle alum) brings the record to a strong finish, breaking a few traffic laws as he searches the airwaves for something non-Autotuned. Like what you’re hearing? You can find the original version of this laid-back banger and much more on EL’s Color Commentary LP, released last August and available now online.
Written by richard on 02/23/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Itis" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.