Ah, Sunday; no alarm to wake you up in the morning, nowhere you need to be, and nothing to do but lay around till Saturday night’s hangover fades away (Unless you’re a churchgoer… or a DJBooth staff member – those track reviews don’t write themselves!). And, whenever you feel ready to face the day, you call up a few friends, hop into your whip and enjoy a leisurely Sunday Drive. On the latest feature from Black EL, a newly-remixed version of a cut off his latest full-length, beatsmith Durkin ‘s head-noddable synth-percussion beat (retained from the original) sets a laid-back mood as EL waxes poetic about the joys of rolling through his neighborhood on a lazy afternoon. Freestyle series contributor El Prez rides shotgun, vibing out to some Camp Lo and Wiz Khalifa on verse two, and rapper-producer 6th Sense (also a freestyle alum) brings the record to a strong finish, breaking a few traffic laws as he searches the airwaves for something non-Autotuned. Like what you’re hearing? You can find the original version of this laid-back banger and much more on EL’s Color Commentary LP, released last August and available now online.
Written by richard on 02/23/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Itis" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.