As someone who’s drained a couple (...dozen) 40-ounces in his day, I was expecting Black EL‘s latest promo single to be similar to its namesake: fizzy, intoxicating and fun while it lasts, but apt to leave you with a throbbing headache when the effects wear off. In actuality, though, Olde English 800 is as smooth and clean as a shot of Grey Goose. His first feature since 2012’s reader-acclaimed Thanks for Noticing, this cut finds the Motown repper getting lost in daydreams of wild sex and island vacations as he sips malt liquor on the stoop. Durkin and Victor Radz provide a blissfully mellow synth backdrop for his flowed bars and Auto-Tuned chorus vocals. Olde English 800 is just a loosie but, if you’re still thirsty, you can watch our pages for more fresh material from Black EL.
Written by richard on 06/27/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Itis" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)