As someone who’s drained a couple (...dozen) 40-ounces in his day, I was expecting Black EL‘s latest promo single to be similar to its namesake: fizzy, intoxicating and fun while it lasts, but apt to leave you with a throbbing headache when the effects wear off. In actuality, though, Olde English 800 is as smooth and clean as a shot of Grey Goose. His first feature since 2012’s reader-acclaimed Thanks for Noticing, this cut finds the Motown repper getting lost in daydreams of wild sex and island vacations as he sips malt liquor on the stoop. Durkin and Victor Radz provide a blissfully mellow synth backdrop for his flowed bars and Auto-Tuned chorus vocals. Olde English 800 is just a loosie but, if you’re still thirsty, you can watch our pages for more fresh material from Black EL.
Written by richard on 06/27/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Itis" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.