In recent weeks, Black EL has been keeping listeners entertained with a series of quality promo singles. If you thought those releases might be leading up to a full project, you were right. Today, we get our first taste of the Motown representative’s next project in the form of Garcia Vega, a non-single standout cut. As usual, Durkin mans the mixing boards. Over his and Victor Radz‘s dreamy, atmospheric synth arrangement, EL rhymes about his struggle to regain the innocence and peace of mind he enjoyed as a child. The LP to which this joint is attached lacks both a title and a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with singles and release details as they surface.
Written by richard on 08/5/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Itis" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.