Though unreleased cut Rush, featured earlier this month, came on the heels of a nearly two-year absence from the Booth, Black EL had no trouble picking up right where he left off, and the record earned overwhelmingly positive reader reviews. Should we ever have doubted him? Nah – as the Boston native reminds us on his latest mixtape single, “I could be 100 Miles away and if I say, ‘I’m coming back today,’ I’m coming back.” As on his last feature, the emcee formerly known as Black Element attacks the mic with head-turning energy, lacing beatsmith Durkin‘s clattering percussion and spacey synths with aggressive, wordplay-drenched braggadocio. As sure as the artist is that his big break’s right around the corner, though, he’s not counting his chickens before they hatch: “Probably get the Acura before the Maybach, ‘cause I can pay that now…” Good thinking, my man. So, Booth readers, do you think this up-and-comer’s destined to go the distance? Then be sure to pick up a copy of Black EL’s Color Commentary street album, when it hits the ‘net next Tuesday, August 31.
Written by richard on 08/25/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Itis" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)