Whenever I come across an acronymically-titled song, I try to guess the name before listening. The cut in question this time? Black Dave’s N.D.S. “Never Dropping Sh*t-songs?” Or maybe, considering Lee Bannon produced the grimy, minimalist beat, N.D.S stands for “No Dumb, Stupid-bars.” (OK, so I took poetic license with the hyphens, shoot me.), because weak bars couldn’t do this beat justice. N.D.S actually stands for “N*gga Doin Sh*t” and that is exactly what Dave does, sh*tting on this cut in the best possible way. Dave’s raspy, almost whispered delivery and edgy lyrics add an extra layer of raw filth to the already-grimy cut. N.D.S is scheduled to appear on the aptly-titled Black Bart mixtape, due out on September 17.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Da Map" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.