Whenever I come across an acronymically-titled song, I try to guess the name before listening. The cut in question this time? Black Dave’s N.D.S. “Never Dropping Sh*t-songs?” Or maybe, considering Lee Bannon produced the grimy, minimalist beat, N.D.S stands for “No Dumb, Stupid-bars.” (OK, so I took poetic license with the hyphens, shoot me.), because weak bars couldn’t do this beat justice. N.D.S actually stands for “N*gga Doin Sh*t” and that is exactly what Dave does, sh*tting on this cut in the best possible way. Dave’s raspy, almost whispered delivery and edgy lyrics add an extra layer of raw filth to the already-grimy cut. N.D.S is scheduled to appear on the aptly-titled Black Bart mixtape, due out on September 17.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/13/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Da Map" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.