Whenever I come across an acronymically-titled song, I try to guess the name before listening. The cut in question this time? Black Dave’s N.D.S. “Never Dropping Sh*t-songs?” Or maybe, considering Lee Bannon produced the grimy, minimalist beat, N.D.S stands for “No Dumb, Stupid-bars.” (OK, so I took poetic license with the hyphens, shoot me.), because weak bars couldn’t do this beat justice. N.D.S actually stands for “N*gga Doin Sh*t” and that is exactly what Dave does, sh*tting on this cut in the best possible way. Dave’s raspy, almost whispered delivery and edgy lyrics add an extra layer of raw filth to the already-grimy cut. N.D.S is scheduled to appear on the aptly-titled Black Bart mixtape, due out on September 17.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Da Map" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.