Whenever I come across an acronymically-titled song, I try to guess the name before listening. The cut in question this time? Black Dave’s N.D.S. “Never Dropping Sh*t-songs?” Or maybe, considering Lee Bannon produced the grimy, minimalist beat, N.D.S stands for “No Dumb, Stupid-bars.” (OK, so I took poetic license with the hyphens, shoot me.), because weak bars couldn’t do this beat justice. N.D.S actually stands for “N*gga Doin Sh*t” and that is exactly what Dave does, sh*tting on this cut in the best possible way. Dave’s raspy, almost whispered delivery and edgy lyrics add an extra layer of raw filth to the already-grimy cut. N.D.S is scheduled to appear on the aptly-titled Black Bart mixtape, due out on September 17.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Da Map" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.