In the wise words of Jeru the Damaja, “When the East Is in the House you should come equipped.” Black Dave has clearly taken the hip-hop vet’s message to heart; on his latest single, the Bronx native steps up to the mic fully stocked with quality bars and high-energy, self-assured flows. Spanish producer/DJ trio Cookin Soul comes correct on the production tip, serving up a brassy boom-bap groove befitting an East Coast anthem. This joint isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Black Dave’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 06/23/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Da Map" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.