In the wise words of Jeru the Damaja, “When the East Is in the House you should come equipped.” Black Dave has clearly taken the hip-hop vet’s message to heart; on his latest single, the Bronx native steps up to the mic fully stocked with quality bars and high-energy, self-assured flows. Spanish producer/DJ trio Cookin Soul comes correct on the production tip, serving up a brassy boom-bap groove befitting an East Coast anthem. This joint isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Black Dave’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 06/23/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Da Map" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.