Black Dave may call the Bronx home, but he’s got mad love for each and every one of the 5BOROs. Last featured as a guest on Perrion‘s New York, New York, the unsigned spitter returns with another fresh cut dedicated to the city that made him the artist and the man he is today. Appropriately, the record’s sound harks back to NYC hip-hop of ages past. Beatsmith Brady James layers chopped guitar loops over a clattering boom-bap breakbeat as the headliner flexes his lyrical muscles. When not touting his skills and his devotion to his hometown, he fills fans in on his laissez-faire approach to romance: “Monogamy is just a word and I could write a novel.” Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; this compulsively head-noddable cut isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Black Dave’s plans as further details emerge. While you wait, you can always check out his last project, 2013’s Booth-featured Black Bart mixtape.
Written by richard on 03/9/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Da Map" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.