If up-and-coming emcee Black Cobain has made it his musical mission to be the Black Cobain, I’m not sure if I understand his game plan (I really can’t see Nirvana releasing a song dedicated to comedian Will
Farrall). If he’s simply trying to make good music, though, the Virginia native is on the right track. Continuing in the fresh-records-totally-unlike-anything-Kurt Cobain-would-write vein, Black is back with new single Lust, a new single which finds the emcee wistfully reminiscing about the special times (yes, those special times) with a woman who recently walked out of his life. Mark Henry sets an appropriately sultry yet elegiac mood on the production tip, layering windchimes over liquid guitar and flute riffs, as the artist laments the emptiness of his recent trysts: “I don’t make love no more, I just make lust.” Assisting on the guest tip is R&B mainstay J. Holiday, who ties the record together with some fittingly heartfelt hook and backing vocals. Craving more new tunes from Black Cobain? Well, you can have ‘em… Now. Released in late 2010, the artist’s latest mixtape is available online at this very moment.
Written by richard on 03/17/11
Submit your Rating
The Board Administration
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Will Farrell" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.