A live-band septet hailing from Washington, D.C., Black Alley consider themselves the vanguard of a coming “Soul Garage” revolution. Today, the crew gives us a little taste of what their brave new world will sound like in the form of Heavy Hitters, a newly-released record off their debut street album. Here, instrumentalists Danny, Bo Beedy, Josh, Eric, Mack and Hope come together to create a rock-infused backdrop for frontwoman Kacey‘s soulfully assertive vocals. For more, check out Black Alley’s Soul Swagger Rock Sneakers project, when it is released.
Written by richard on 04/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bad Girl" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.