A live-band septet hailing from Washington, D.C., Black Alley consider themselves the vanguard of a coming “Soul Garage” revolution. Today, the crew gives us a little taste of what their brave new world will sound like in the form of Heavy Hitters, a newly-released record off their debut street album. Here, instrumentalists Danny, Bo Beedy, Josh, Eric, Mack and Hope come together to create a rock-infused backdrop for frontwoman Kacey‘s soulfully assertive vocals. For more, check out Black Alley’s Soul Swagger Rock Sneakers project, when it is released.
Written by richard on 04/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bad Girl" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.