If you’re visiting the Booth in search of the best hip-hop has to offer (and I hope you are, since those looking for bad music will likely be disappointed in our selections), BK-One has three words for you: “Here I Am.” Signed to Rhymesayers, the Minneapolis DJ is making his Booth debut with a track that’s all about chilled-out confidence. On the lead single off his Rádio Do Canibal LP, BK and Benzilla serve up a crackling bass-guitar groove as Little Brother emcee Phonte, MN underground mainstay Brother Ali, and L.A.‘s The Grouch deliver all the laid-back braggadocio heads could ask for. Phonte does double-duty, talking himself up in a quietly intense opener as well as delivering a mellow, tuneful hook, and Grouch ends the track on an engaging note, but Ali’s middle bars are the arguable highlight—forgoing fiery oratory in favor of a sing-song, conversational flow, the Twin Cities favorite comes with self-satisfied yet driven rhymes that sound just right over the low-key instrumental. For more eclectic beats and hot underground lyricism, check out BK-One’s latest full-length when it hits stores Oct. 6th.
Written by richard on 09/7/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.