Want to quit that low-paying, back-breaking job, in a way that will utterly destroy your chances of getting a positive reference when you’re looking for work in the future? Uh, that may not be the greatest idea… especially in today’s economic climate. But hey, if you’re determined to be an idiot, there’s no more efficient way to communicate your choice to your soon-to-be-former boss than by flipping on iQuit, the latest releases off Numonics’ Being Cool Doesn’t Pay the Bills mixtape. Here, the West Coast beatsmith serves up a head-noddably catchy soul-sampled instrumental as Brooklyn’s BK Cyph (previously heard on Streets Buchanon‘s Different Over Here) explains what he’s about to do (walk out the door), and what his supervisor can stuff in his mouth if he doesn’t like it (I’ll give you three guesses, and the first two don’ t count). Even those not planning to throw away their livelihood anytime soon should be able to relate to this tuneful track. If you like what you’re hearing, you can find more hot beats and guest features on Numonics’ Booth-sponsored street album, available for streaming and free download here.
Written by richard on 04/13/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Different Over Here ft. U-N-I, Lex One & BK Cyph" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.