On Thim Slick, a track off this year’s Soul Tape 3, Fabolous and guest artist Jeremih showed their appreciation for ladies of all shapes and sizes. BJ the Chicago Kid takes that theme and runs with it on his latest promo single—and borrows the record’s instrumental backdrop for good measure. Featured along with Jerome D.‘s freshly-minted visuals, Perfect finds the Windy City crooner celebrating his girl’s (so-called) imperfections over his and Marcus Kincy‘s flip of the aforementioned jam’s silky guitar backdrop. Think this heartfelt cut lives up to its title? Then stay tuned; Perfect isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/12/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Day One Girl" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.