On Thim Slick, a track off this year’s Soul Tape 3, Fabolous and guest artist Jeremih showed their appreciation for ladies of all shapes and sizes. BJ the Chicago Kid takes that theme and runs with it on his latest promo single—and borrows the record’s instrumental backdrop for good measure. Featured along with Jerome D.‘s freshly-minted visuals, Perfect finds the Windy City crooner celebrating his girl’s (so-called) imperfections over his and Marcus Kincy‘s flip of the aforementioned jam’s silky guitar backdrop. Think this heartfelt cut lives up to its title? Then stay tuned; Perfect isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/12/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Day One Girl" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.