In the 2012 Best of the Booth Awards, you selected BJ the Chicago Kid as the artist you expect to see Breaking Through in 2013. Today, the Windy City R&B singer takes his first step towards transforming your lofty predictions into reality with the release of new promotional single Honey. Veteran beatsmith B!nk mans the boards on this mid-tempo burner, layering dreamy string samples over mid-tempo percussion as the Motown signee waxes poetic about the tantalizing qualities of his girl’s kisses. How about it, readers: has BJ started his year off on the right foot with this seductive cut? Debate away—and, of course, stay tuned for all the latest from the rising R&B star.
Written by richard on 02/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Day One Girl" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.