In the 2012 Best of the Booth Awards, you selected BJ the Chicago Kid as the artist you expect to see Breaking Through in 2013. Today, the Windy City R&B singer takes his first step towards transforming your lofty predictions into reality with the release of new promotional single Honey. Veteran beatsmith B!nk mans the boards on this mid-tempo burner, layering dreamy string samples over mid-tempo percussion as the Motown signee waxes poetic about the tantalizing qualities of his girl’s kisses. How about it, readers: has BJ started his year off on the right foot with this seductive cut? Debate away—and, of course, stay tuned for all the latest from the rising R&B star.
Written by richard on 02/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Day One Girl" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.