In the 2012 Best of the Booth Awards, you selected BJ the Chicago Kid as the artist you expect to see Breaking Through in 2013. Today, the Windy City R&B singer takes his first step towards transforming your lofty predictions into reality with the release of new promotional single Honey. Veteran beatsmith B!nk mans the boards on this mid-tempo burner, layering dreamy string samples over mid-tempo percussion as the Motown signee waxes poetic about the tantalizing qualities of his girl’s kisses. How about it, readers: has BJ started his year off on the right foot with this seductive cut? Debate away—and, of course, stay tuned for all the latest from the rising R&B star.
Written by richard on 02/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Day One Girl" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.