In the 2012 Best of the Booth Awards, you selected BJ the Chicago Kid as the artist you expect to see Breaking Through in 2013. Today, the Windy City R&B singer takes his first step towards transforming your lofty predictions into reality with the release of new promotional single Honey. Veteran beatsmith B!nk mans the boards on this mid-tempo burner, layering dreamy string samples over mid-tempo percussion as the Motown signee waxes poetic about the tantalizing qualities of his girl’s kisses. How about it, readers: has BJ started his year off on the right foot with this seductive cut? Debate away—and, of course, stay tuned for all the latest from the rising R&B star.
Written by richard on 02/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Day One Girl" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)