When BJ the Chicago Kid dropped Pineapple Now & Laters back in February, Booth readers and staff alike fell in love, hailing the project as a retro-inspired, but forward-looking revitalization of the R&B genre. Evidently, it also caught Motown‘s ear, as the Windy City singer was signed shortly thereafter, in August. Now, BJ’s back to make the marriage official with the release of album inclusion-turned-debut single Good Luv’N. An understated burner that exemplifies the singer’s era-bridging style, the cut finds co-producers David ‘Dae-Dae’ Haddon and Jarius ‘J-Mo’ Mozee combining live brass with contemporary synth sounds over a muscular rhythm section as BJ soulfully assuages a lover’s doubts, quoting from the Staple Singers’ classic Let’s Do It in the Morning on the record’s chorus. While the artist has yet to announce any forthcoming projects via his new label home, fans craving new material can, as always, keep it locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 12/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Day One Girl" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.