If you tuned in for Bizzy Crook‘s previous features, you know that one of the primary motivators behind his hustle is the burning desire to discredit the teachers and peers who said he’d never make it. A noble cause, to be sure. As it turns out, though, there’s something a little deeper driving him: namely, currency - not (just) for his own enrichment, but above all to put his family and friends in a better place. The first of two world premieres off the emcee’s forthcoming, Booth-presented EP, Rich Someday finds Jocko blending twinkling, ‘80s-pop informed synths with a driving breakbeat as the Florida repper describes how his early awareness of poverty and struggle, along with the pretty girls in Source magazine, inspired him to shoot for greatness in the rap game. Feeling it? You can look forward to another premiere leading up to the March 26, arrival of Bizzy Crook’s Good Luck EP. In anticipation of its arrival, we’re teaming up with project sponsor SOL REPUBLIC to give away three free pairs of White Tracks HD headphones. For your chance to win, simply Tweet a message including “#RichSomeday” using the button above. Click here for further details on the giveaway.
Written by richard on 03/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Over Now" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.