If you tuned in for Bizzy Crook‘s previous features, you know that one of the primary motivators behind his hustle is the burning desire to discredit the teachers and peers who said he’d never make it. A noble cause, to be sure. As it turns out, though, there’s something a little deeper driving him: namely, currency - not (just) for his own enrichment, but above all to put his family and friends in a better place. The first of two world premieres off the emcee’s forthcoming, Booth-presented EP, Rich Someday finds Jocko blending twinkling, ‘80s-pop informed synths with a driving breakbeat as the Florida repper describes how his early awareness of poverty and struggle, along with the pretty girls in Source magazine, inspired him to shoot for greatness in the rap game. Feeling it? You can look forward to another premiere leading up to the March 26, arrival of Bizzy Crook’s Good Luck EP. In anticipation of its arrival, we’re teaming up with project sponsor SOL REPUBLIC to give away three free pairs of White Tracks HD headphones. For your chance to win, simply Tweet a message including “#RichSomeday” using the button above. Click here for further details on the giveaway.
Written by richard on 03/5/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Over Now" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)