Frankly, there are more than a couple people who doubt D12 alumnus Bizarre’s ability to make seriously engaging music after years of outlandish rhyme behavior (myself included), but his new single Believer might be exactly what the doubters need to, yes, believe in the man abilities. Set against a softly humming beat by the Honorable C.N.O.T.E. and laced with a soft but strongly crooned hook by Nate Walka, Believer is a look inside Bizarre’s more personal side as he touches on everything from the passing of close friends to the economic famine currently starving his hometown of Detroit, an emotionally honest admission that Tech N9ne echoes in his deeply personal guest verse. Never thought you’d hear Bizarre drop a dope Hurricane Katrina reference? Me neither; and yet here we are. Believer is the first single off Bizarre’s upcoming album Friday Night at St. Andrews, which fans can hear more of when the album’s second single Rap’s Finest premieres on Shade 45 Sirius radio Friday at 4:30 pm EST. Come on Bizarre, make me a believer.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/11/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Hard (Letter To Proof) ft. Monica Blair" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.