Frankly, there are more than a couple people who doubt D12 alumnus Bizarre’s ability to make seriously engaging music after years of outlandish rhyme behavior (myself included), but his new single Believer might be exactly what the doubters need to, yes, believe in the man abilities. Set against a softly humming beat by the Honorable C.N.O.T.E. and laced with a soft but strongly crooned hook by Nate Walka, Believer is a look inside Bizarre’s more personal side as he touches on everything from the passing of close friends to the economic famine currently starving his hometown of Detroit, an emotionally honest admission that Tech N9ne echoes in his deeply personal guest verse. Never thought you’d hear Bizarre drop a dope Hurricane Katrina reference? Me neither; and yet here we are. Believer is the first single off Bizarre’s upcoming album Friday Night at St. Andrews, which fans can hear more of when the album’s second single Rap’s Finest premieres on Shade 45 Sirius radio Friday at 4:30 pm EST. Come on Bizarre, make me a believer.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/11/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Hard (Letter To Proof) ft. Monica Blair" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.