Over a lovely backdrop of twinkling piano keys rapper Bishop delivers a solid track called This Is Me for his first The DJBooth feature. As the title indicates, the song finds the emcee dishing out facts about his life and goals regarding music. It’s not quite a tale about a phoenix rising from a fire, but it’s does have optimistic edges that complement the yearning for an elevated status in the world of underground hip-hop. DJ Corbett is not only the producer of the track but lends his vocals to the song’s hook which shows the continuation of the merger of hip-hop and R&B and the influence J. Cole and Drake have had on music. This Is Me is the latest single from Bishop’s October 21 released album, Roses are Red, which is available through Bishop’s Bandcamp page:
Written by JC Poppe on 10/28/11
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.