I think it’s safe to say Bishop Nehru‘s feeling damn good right now. I mean, he did just take home the trophy for Best New Artist (Unsigned/Independent) in our 2013 Best of the Booth Awards. The NYC representative’s rivals in the game, by contrast, are suffering from acute anxiety—and you’d better believe he’s enjoying watching them squirm. Freshly-minted promo single You Stressin finds the 16-year-old rhymesayer plotting his conquest of the hip-hop game and taunting the competition in characteristically complex, confident verses. Disclosure, the UK beat crew behind international smash-hit Latch, handle production duties, backing Nehru’s bars with chopped keyboard loops and a leisurely, syncopated rhythm section. This record isn’t attached to anything larger, but those craving more from the buzzmaking emcee are encouraged to check out the newly-released visuals for Mobb Dizzle.
Written by richard on 01/22/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Misruled Order" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.