I think it’s safe to say Bishop Nehru‘s feeling damn good right now. I mean, he did just take home the trophy for Best New Artist (Unsigned/Independent) in our 2013 Best of the Booth Awards. The NYC representative’s rivals in the game, by contrast, are suffering from acute anxiety—and you’d better believe he’s enjoying watching them squirm. Freshly-minted promo single You Stressin finds the 16-year-old rhymesayer plotting his conquest of the hip-hop game and taunting the competition in characteristically complex, confident verses. Disclosure, the UK beat crew behind international smash-hit Latch, handle production duties, backing Nehru’s bars with chopped keyboard loops and a leisurely, syncopated rhythm section. This record isn’t attached to anything larger, but those craving more from the buzzmaking emcee are encouraged to check out the newly-released visuals for Mobb Dizzle.
Written by richard on 01/22/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Misruled Order" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.