I think it’s safe to say Bishop Nehru‘s feeling damn good right now. I mean, he did just take home the trophy for Best New Artist (Unsigned/Independent) in our 2013 Best of the Booth Awards. The NYC representative’s rivals in the game, by contrast, are suffering from acute anxiety—and you’d better believe he’s enjoying watching them squirm. Freshly-minted promo single You Stressin finds the 16-year-old rhymesayer plotting his conquest of the hip-hop game and taunting the competition in characteristically complex, confident verses. Disclosure, the UK beat crew behind international smash-hit Latch, handle production duties, backing Nehru’s bars with chopped keyboard loops and a leisurely, syncopated rhythm section. This record isn’t attached to anything larger, but those craving more from the buzzmaking emcee are encouraged to check out the newly-released visuals for Mobb Dizzle.
Written by richard on 01/22/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Misruled Order" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.