I think it’s safe to say Bishop Nehru‘s feeling damn good right now. I mean, he did just take home the trophy for Best New Artist (Unsigned/Independent) in our 2013 Best of the Booth Awards. The NYC representative’s rivals in the game, by contrast, are suffering from acute anxiety—and you’d better believe he’s enjoying watching them squirm. Freshly-minted promo single You Stressin finds the 16-year-old rhymesayer plotting his conquest of the hip-hop game and taunting the competition in characteristically complex, confident verses. Disclosure, the UK beat crew behind international smash-hit Latch, handle production duties, backing Nehru’s bars with chopped keyboard loops and a leisurely, syncopated rhythm section. This record isn’t attached to anything larger, but those craving more from the buzzmaking emcee are encouraged to check out the newly-released visuals for Mobb Dizzle.
Written by richard on 01/22/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Misruled Order" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.