Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Bishop Nehru may be just 16, but he’s accumulated enough worldly wisdom to be Appalled at the current state of the game. Fresh off unleashing his sophomore street album via the DJBooth, the Big Apple buzzmaker continues his quest to redeem rap on this freshly-released cut, part of a forthcoming compilation from beatsmith Aaron LaCrate. Kicking his instrumental off with some dialogue cribbed from classic crime drama Juice, the Baltimore-born, NYC-based producer layers dissonant brass/vocal samples over a swung percussion rhythm as Nehru schools the competition in verses jam-packed with internally-rhymed braggadocio: “I rip snitches and constantly stack riches with sentences that give a stiff paraplegic twitches.” If this hard-hitting selection’s whet your appetite, you can look forward to more dope material (including collaborations with Bun B, Jim Jones and Mobb Deep) on The Milkcrate Mixtape, dropping later this week via The DJBooth.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Bishop and Aaron’s Appalled visual.
Written by richard on 08/20/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.