Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Bishop Nehru may be just 16, but he’s accumulated enough worldly wisdom to be Appalled at the current state of the game. Fresh off unleashing his sophomore street album via the DJBooth, the Big Apple buzzmaker continues his quest to redeem rap on this freshly-released cut, part of a forthcoming compilation from beatsmith Aaron LaCrate. Kicking his instrumental off with some dialogue cribbed from classic crime drama Juice, the Baltimore-born, NYC-based producer layers dissonant brass/vocal samples over a swung percussion rhythm as Nehru schools the competition in verses jam-packed with internally-rhymed braggadocio: “I rip snitches and constantly stack riches with sentences that give a stiff paraplegic twitches.” If this hard-hitting selection’s whet your appetite, you can look forward to more dope material (including collaborations with Bun B, Jim Jones and Mobb Deep) on The Milkcrate Mixtape, dropping later this week via The DJBooth.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Bishop and Aaron’s Appalled visual.
Written by richard on 08/20/13
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.