Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Bishop Nehru may be just 16, but he’s accumulated enough worldly wisdom to be Appalled at the current state of the game. Fresh off unleashing his sophomore street album via the DJBooth, the Big Apple buzzmaker continues his quest to redeem rap on this freshly-released cut, part of a forthcoming compilation from beatsmith Aaron LaCrate. Kicking his instrumental off with some dialogue cribbed from classic crime drama Juice, the Baltimore-born, NYC-based producer layers dissonant brass/vocal samples over a swung percussion rhythm as Nehru schools the competition in verses jam-packed with internally-rhymed braggadocio: “I rip snitches and constantly stack riches with sentences that give a stiff paraplegic twitches.” If this hard-hitting selection’s whet your appetite, you can look forward to more dope material (including collaborations with Bun B, Jim Jones and Mobb Deep) on The Milkcrate Mixtape, dropping later this week via The DJBooth.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Bishop and Aaron’s Appalled visual.
Written by richard on 08/20/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.