Soft emcees should be shaking in their shoes right about now. On the lead single off his next mixtape, Bishop Lamont and two equally uncompromising colleagues join forces to mount a full-scale Invasion of the rap game. Featuring a dissonant keyboard chord layered over a six-note bassline and a crackling breakbeat, M-EZ the Instrumentalist‘s stark production sets the mood for lyrical carnage. Sure enough, the West Coast mainstay wastes no time in turning the track into an abattoir. Brooklyn-repping guests Torae and Flowers follow suit, the former impressing with a barrage of artful alliteration. This hard-hitting cut is slated to appear on Bishop Lamont’s (P)reformation mixtape, dropping soon as the official prelude to his (also unscheduled) studio album, The Reformation.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All I Dream About ft. Pooh Bear" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.