Soft emcees should be shaking in their shoes right about now. On the lead single off his next mixtape, Bishop Lamont and two equally uncompromising colleagues join forces to mount a full-scale Invasion of the rap game. Featuring a dissonant keyboard chord layered over a six-note bassline and a crackling breakbeat, M-EZ the Instrumentalist‘s stark production sets the mood for lyrical carnage. Sure enough, the West Coast mainstay wastes no time in turning the track into an abattoir. Brooklyn-repping guests Torae and Flowers follow suit, the former impressing with a barrage of artful alliteration. This hard-hitting cut is slated to appear on Bishop Lamont’s (P)reformation mixtape, dropping soon as the official prelude to his (also unscheduled) studio album, The Reformation.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All I Dream About ft. Pooh Bear" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.