As his stage name, as well as the titles of his forthcoming debut album (Reformation) and label imprint (Diocese) make clear, Bishop Lamont is all about taking hip-hop to church. Though not yet slated for inclusion on any project, Hallelujah fits perfectly with that theme, and could easily serve as intro track to his forthcoming full-length (which has yet to receive a release date). The unreleased cut finds Lamont gathering his congregation of fans to exorcise the game’s demons, paving the way for real hip-hop’s return. Xzibit‘s strong hook, in which he denounces rap’s most unfortunate trends as the work of the devil, certainly sets an inspiring mood, but what really sets this revival in motion is Dr. Dre‘s masterful instrumental, featuring a delicate piano loop and sampled church-choir backing vocals. Let the casual fans say “Chuuch!” while the devoted Booth-heads shout a resounding “Hallelujah!”
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All I Dream About ft. Pooh Bear" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.