Though Bishop Lamont hasn’t been seen in the Booth since last summer, the Cali native certainly hasn’t been slacking in the meantime. Fresh off the November release of his debut street album, the former Aftermath signee is getting ready for an even busier 2011. On inaugural mixtape leak I’m Faded, Lamont kicks the year off in style with the help of a few good friends, a monster joint, and free-flowing liquor. Over West Coast vet Warren G‘s slow-rolling boardwork, the emcee chronicles an epic night of debauchery, spinning a tale that involves not only copious amounts of weed, coke and booze but also the corpses of Miley Cyrus and Michael Jackson. Canadian emcee SonReal handles guest duties, describing a close encounter with a Nicki Minaj look-(sorta)-alike on the middle, and Nate Dogg ties it all together with some of his trademark smoothness on the hook. Does this hedonistic banger leave you craving more new tunes? Seek and you shall find on the artist’s DJ Down Jones-presented Free Trade Agreement mixtape, set to drop Feb. 11.
Written by richard on 01/10/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All I Dream About ft. Pooh Bear" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.